Code of Ethics
The Code of Ethics for members of the American Bus Association has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest industry standards and personal conduct among all of its members.
Code of Ethics
We, the members of the American Bus Association, in carrying out our role of providing service to the traveling public recognize the need to do so in a professional manner, and to deal with the public and our colleagues with the highest degree of integrity. Therefore, we herewith set forth the following creed which shall govern our endeavors to fulfill our obligations:
- To adhere to the professional standards of the American Bus Association and to work to further its goals and objectives.
- To conduct all business affairs with integrity, sincerity, and accuracy in an open and forthright manner.
- To act with integrity in financial dealing with the public and with entities utilized to help arrange or provide service and accommodations to motorcoach travelers.
- To conduct our business and operations in a safe manner in order to protect the public and to promote the image of the industry.
- To work to instill consumer and public confidence in the industry, avoiding any action conducive to discrediting it or membership in the Association.
In addition, we will avoid committing the following acts:
- Misappropriation of funds deposited with or entrusted to a Member of the Association by another Member or by a person having a business relationship with the bus industry;
- Willful and wrongful refusal to pay for services rendered by another Member or by a person having a business relationship with the bus industry, or a willful refusal to make arrangements for payment of such services;
- Wrongful failure to provide transportation or related services, as promised, and failure to make prompt restitution for any breach of a contractual obligation;
- Willful violation of Federal or State laws pertaining to the regulation of the intercity bus industry, including rules and regulations promulgated by the U.S. Department of Transportation or applicable country laws, or;
- Systematic violation of rules, regulations, or policies of the Association.