During ABA's Marketplace in Omaha, the National Park Service provided a presentation detailing their anticipated revisions for their entrance fee and commercial use authorization proposals. That program, which has been delayed from implementation since October 2019, will continue to be delayed till at least January 1, 2021. We expect a finalized plan from NPS to be rolled out very soon, and NPS has pledged to work with ABA on outreach and education for the motorcoach, tour and travel industry.
ABA will be hosting an open conference call to discuss this and other issues:
Tuesday, February 11 at 2 pm ET
To join the call, please dial:
US Dial: (267) 930-4000
CAN Dial: (437) 800-0918
Some highlights from the new plan:
- NPS will return to vehicle-based entrance fees, rather than move to per person pricing.
- NPS will create a new vehicle category for buses with 47+ seats.
- NPS is establishing an on-line system for CUA applications and for filing annual reports. The initial CUA application will cost $250, but there will be tiered pricing for adding additional park units.
- New on-line portal system will make it easier to apply for more than park CUA, and lower the costs of acquiring a CUA. So, after initial application fee, a CUA will cost $50 per park.
- CUA management fees will be incorporated in the entrance fees for park units that charge an entrance fee, but in the first year NPS will not charge management fees for any park units that do not have an entrance fee. Parks without entrance fees will not have CUA management fees till at least 2022.
Click here to download a copy of the presentation.
During the open conference call we also plan to discuss:
- Marking Exemption Request, Comments Due 2/13
- FMCSA CDL Hearing Requirements, Comments Due 2/14
- EPA Emissions Regulations, Comments Due 2/20
- Bosch E-Mirrors Exemption, Comments Due 3/2
- Other items of interest
Got questions? Send them our way, email firstname.lastname@example.org.