Winter is fast approaching. For many companies, this means drivers see a reduction in hours as the season changes. The Driving Force put together some tips on how to retain drivers during this slower period and stay prepared for the spring.
• Offer stay bonuses.
• Assign work rather than bid on seniority. Rotate jobs around all of your drivers to keep them active and engaged.
• Allow for employees to claim benefits for reduced hours when necessary.
• Utilize drivers for company projects when possible.
• Communicate with your employees and exemplify your company culture.
• Showcase your employees. Make them feel valuable. Post their photos and testimonials.
• Acknowledge milestones.
• Have your drivers take professional development courses. Manufacturers offer free courses to sharpen skills. Offer a small incentive for courses completed.
Attending ABA’s Marketplace in Grapevine? Don’t miss the Driving Force Session on Saturday, Jan. 8 at 1 p.m.