PREPARE FOR THE CERTS GRANT APPLICATION
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY MIDNIGHT (ET) ON JULY 19
Contact the CERTS Help Desk with any questions or problems - (877) 398-5862 or email@example.com
Click here to access the application portal.
Click here to sign up for CERTS notifications directly from Treasury!
Below are the fundamental requirements to apply for a grant, along with helpful links. Take the time now to prepare, as the Department strongly encourages you to apply as early as possible once the portal is available.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR A CERTS GRANT:
1. Must be an eligible transportation service provider:
- Your company must be private Sector, established/organized in U.S. or pursuant to Federal law, with significant operations/majority of employees in U.S.
- You must have been in operation on March 1, 2020.
- Your company’s revenue loss must be 25% or more, from 2019-2020, due directly or indirectly to COVID-19.
- If you received other COVID relief Federal funding, the combined Federal assistance received, at the time of your grant application, must not exceed your 2019 revenues.
2. Motorcoach Transportation Service Providers:
- You must provide a current USDOT registration number, to verify your company
- You must provide the total number of ALL commercial passenger motor vehicles you operate, of all types, and identify the number of motorcoaches specifically, to validate the proportion of your business related to motorcoach operations.
3. Grant Application Process:
- Treasury will establish a web-based grant portal on its CERTS grant website.
- You must register with ID.me to access the application portal (which you can do in advance of the application period).
- Please note, later in the process if you do receive a grant, that you may need to register with SAM.gov or obtain a DUNS number.
- You must submit tax documents to verify identity, annual revenues, and employment levels.
- The primary factor in determining a grant award will be lost revenue from 2019-2020.
- You must apply using your company’s true name as set forth in charter/legal documents. The name of the company and TIN/EIN on submitted documentation must all match.
- 4-week application period, and all registrations and documentation must be complete and successfully submitted through portal to be considered.
Applicants will be required to certify, under penalty of perjury: .
- Information and certifications provided in the application/attachments are true and correct.
- The applicant has all documentation to support amounts and figures entered on application/attachments.
For more detail on specific data needed for the grant application – click here.
* INTERESTED COMPANIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS AS SOON AS THE PORTAL OPENS *
ABA COMMUNICATIONS ON THE CERTS GRANT PROGRAM
The Treasury Department is Ready - Are You? (6/16)