ABA Career Opportunities
The American Bus Association (ABA) is looking for a professional, enthusiastic, organized, detailed and solutions-oriented Program Specialist to assist the president and manage several of the association’s programs and councils.
The successful candidate will serve as the liaison between ABA’s President & CEO and its Board of Directors. Tasks include: assisting in coordinating meetings; maintaining and updating board and committee-related documents; managing communications with the board and the membership at large; special projects such as research, drafting communications, event planning; managing three of the ABA specialty councils and committees; and, working with the president to help implement the strategic plan and direction of the association.
The position offers a unique opportunity to oversee some of the association’s niche programs including the ABA Foundation, Florida Motorcoach Association, Hispanic Motorcoach Council, Entertainer Motorcoach Council, Asian Motorcoach Council and the School Bus Council. Responsibilities include meeting planning and coordination, development of educational seminars, fundraising, financial management, membership growth and development, communications and website management.
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work closely with association leaders, members and councils and committees
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to challenges and tasks, and willing to take ownership of delegated projects
- Ability to meet competing deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of and experience with databases
- Ability and willingness to travel when required, roughly 8 domestic trips per year
- Ability to be strategic about growth opportunities within the organization and its councils and affiliates
Please submit cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position.