ABA Career Opportunities
Membership and Database Manager
- Provide customer service to current and prospective members.
- Process all incoming calls from prospect members and current members.
- Answer calls and email inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for the following departmental mailboxes.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of all Membership department policies and procedures and provide suggestions for departmental growth.
- Maintain a full and complete knowledge of all member database records, reports and communications.
- Evaluate member services benefits and programs and suggest substantive and logical improvements based on feedback from members.
- Travel once a year.
- Adhere to monthly departmental timeline and calendar.
- Keeps Standards Operating Procedures updated for membership processing and reporting.
- Work interdepartmentally to provide excellent member service and benefits.
- Maintain prospect database for all incoming and association membership lists.
Member Onboarding Responsibilities
- Maintains Departmental Email boxes.
- Process all new member applications including data entry for memberships, subscriptions, and listings.
- Process memberships within 2 business days.
- Review websites of new members for additional background information.
- Process new member applications weekly.
- Assist with member service projects including marketing campaigns, mailings, administrative support, word processing, phone campaigns, etc.
Member Renewal and Retention Responsibilities
- Process and send past due Renewal letters and emails.
- Conduct Renewal Calls.
- Assists the Membership Team with Retention; Sell current members on their member benefits to ensure a higher renewal rate.
Data Integrity and Quality Check Responsibilities
- Check email bounces and maintain accurate member data.
- Responsible for resolving all discrepancies for new member applications.
- Ensures accurate and comprehensive records and systems management.
- Update member and representative mailing and email addresses based on returns.
- Conduct Membership Quality Checks to ensure proper membership status.
- Conduct quality checks on member records for style.
- Checks membership discrepancies weekly.
- Quarterly conduct Safer checks and send report to GAP for follow up on any non-satisfactory members.
- Responsible for following up on Safer Check Report Discrepancies.
- Responsible for some financial activities, including data entry, collection, and reporting.
- Research unapplied checks when requested by accounting department.
- Responsible for following up on Membership Open Invoices.
- Responsible for sending Membership Open invoices via mail and email.
- Process payments via telephone for Membership.
- Work with the accounting department when necessary to resolve discrepancies.
- Add new members to publication subscriptions.
- Verify current members status for Destinations Magazine.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two or more years’ experience in the customer service field.
- Fast learner with ability to react quickly to changing requirements.
- Detail-oriented with effective follow up.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills; empowered to make decisions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects.
- Excellent customer service skills, including telephone manner, and face to face encounters.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products.
- Strong understanding of database management.
Applicants should submit resumes and a cover letter to Resume@buses.org